Potential use case scenarios
we developed three different use case scenarios for the opencoin technology:
- similar to Paypal (conventional currency)
- Hub usecase (new currency/voucher)
- In game currency
We decided to more closely investigate case #2, and try to get to a state with the project where we can start doing the 'Hub usecase'
Questions from the meetup meeting
Besides the above mentioned usecase #2, we have a couple of more generic questions that we would need to have answered.
- How do we qualify as E-money or bank
- Can we do non-trading without being an e-money provider?
- What about voucher systems? - people buy vouchers - spend with merchant - merchant can claim back
- GBP? What if circulation begins? What if it is international?
- Would it be illegal + Where + for whom (issuer, spender, receiver)?
- Does labelling make a difference (token, currency, payment system)
- Does the practice of what you are issuing make a difference - e.g. payment system, issuing currency
- Enforced/voluntary receipts - would this be sufficient for regulatory requirements.
- Running a marketplace for digital currencies?